Structure of Department of of Government Sindh
AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK & FISHERIES DEPARTMENT
The main purpose of this Department is to increase agricultural production
and ensure well being of the farmers, specially the small farmers. The
Department is rendering a variety of services at the door-step of the
farmers through various organizations attached to it:
The following Departments are attached to it:
- Agriculture Extension Wing.
- Agriculture Marketing.
- Agriculture Research.
- Agriculture Engineering and Water Management.
- Sindh Agriculture Supplies Organization.
- Sindh Seed Corporation.
- Cane Commissioner Organization
- Bureau of Supply & Prices.
The main function of Livestock and Fisheries Department is to improve
availability of Animal protein in human diet so as to achieve the required
quantity of 27.5 grams daily.
The other functions of the Department include:
Providing extension and technical services upto village level regarding
disease control of Livestock, Poultry and Fish Development.
Providing training to rural farmer regarding modern technologies for
imparting knowledge regarding establishment of Dairy, Fish and Poultry Farms
in the province.
Providing modern technologies regarding increasing production of milk,
beef, white and red meat, fish and poultry meat and eggs etc.
Development measures to increase the efficiency of Agriculture sub-sector.
Livestock Department comprises Two Wings.
The functions of Fisheries Department include:
- Conservation of Fisheries Resources.
- Management and development of resources on Scientific lines.
- Training of Fisheries and Fish farmers and in-service training.
- Extension Services of Private Sector.
- Revenue earning through auctioning / licensing of water resources.
- Supplies of quality fish-seed to private fish farmers on subsidized rates.
Note : For further information please contact :
Phone : 9211468 & 9211462
Fax : 9211469
FOOD AND COOPERATION DEPARTMENT
The objective of the department is to run Wheat State Trading Scheme in a
manner that the wheat is protected and Food Security is provided to common
man. The Department procures wheat from the growers at the Support Price
fixed by the Federal Government, in order to boost-up the production and
guarantee the minimum Support Price to all growers. Wheat stocks procured
from growers, are safely stored at the Government godowns, and the wheat so
purchased is released to flour mills and atta chakkies at fixed price to
maintain stability in the prices and availability of wheat and its
by-products in the market.
The objection of this department is to facilitate cooperative movement by
organizing Cooperative Societies in Agriculture, Housing and other
multipurpose sectors. In order to ensure smooth running of the affairs of
the Societies, the department undertakes enquiries, audit and arbitration,
in addition to provision of credits for their development initiatives. There
are around 3500 societies in the province, mostly in Agriculture and housing
The department collaborates with Sindh Provincial Bank of Cooperatives to
provide cheap credit in Agriculture Sector to member societies.
The Societies function on democratic lines with elected management while
General Body Cooperative Department acts as facilitator.
Note : For further information please contact :
Secretary Office Phone : 9211515, 9211148
Fax : 9211519, 9211891
FOREST, WILDLIFE & ENVIRONMENT DEPARTMENT
Sindh Forest Department is a well organized and a multi-disciplinary
governmental organization entrusted with responsibilities for protection and
management of 2.782 Million acres of state forestry and rangelands resources
in Sindh province of Pakistan and promotion of tree planting on private
lands for sustainable wood production and protection/ preservation of
ecosystem/ environment. The Department has been regularly undertaking
various development activities and implementing local and donor assisted
projects in the fields of Forestry & Rangeland management, promotion of
Social Forestry, Amenity/Urban Planting, Landscaping & Beautification,
Avenue Plantation, Promotion of Sericulture and Apiculture, Forestry
Education , Research and improvement of important Ecosystems
FOREST AREA UNDER CONTROL
TYPE OF FOREST
AREA IN ACRES
AREA IN HA.
a) Productive Forests
i Riverine Forests
ii Irrigated Plantations
b) Protective Forests
i Coastal Mangrove
FUNCTIONS AND OBJECTIVES OF SINDH FOREST DEPARTMENT
1. To increase vegetative cover over state forest lands
2. To meet the fuelwood and timber requirements of the province on sustained
3. To promote environmental stability, preserve biodiversity and natural
4. To disseminate technology of nursery raising, field planting, marketing
etc. to public
particularly farmers through trainings, workshops, seminars
and field visits.
5. To promote afforestation on farmlands through farmers participation
FUNCTIONAL WINGS OF THE FOREST DEPARTMENT
1. Afforestation and reforestation/ management of state forests.
2. Development of Social Forestry/ Farm Forestry.
4. Rangeland Management/ Pasture Management
5. Sericulture and Apiculture Development
Name : Chief Conservator of Forests,
Address : Block 'A', Shahbaz Building Hyderabad.
Tele Nos: 92-221-781965, 28067 & 28059
Fax Nos: 92-221-780504, 780198